Hibernation not working after SP1 and some updates

Kharl1

Solid State Member
Hi everybody!

i update to SP1 yesterday, and today when i hit the power button i notice the computer takes longer to hibernate, i pressed a key and the screen came back with my session welcome screen. so the computer never went to hibernation, i disable re-enable powercfg -h off/on, change power settings, all drivers are up to date and haven't been touched for months, (this is the first time this happen to me), the SP1 (yesterday) and 7 updates more after i instaleld the SP1, that was everything new in this computer

Personally I never use hibernation. Instead turn it off or put it to sleep. In my experience hibernation has never worked properly and causes more problems than it's worth.

Personally I never use hibernation. Instead turn it off or put it to sleep. In my experience hibernation has never worked properly and causes more problems than it's worth.

Excellent answer!

(i am young, but i have been using computer since... a decade and couple of years, since i remember i always have been using the hibernation option, even in W98SE, but moving to present days, i use the computer for very intensive office work and closing files and folders [up to 40 and 20], that really don't worth it, and i am not going to let it rely on batteries to hold it there, that's why i don't use suspend or sleep option neither, while in hibernation, the data is SAFER [compare to suspend], AND the computer IS OFF [it's a greener choice], in other hand i have had a computer more than a year without turning off, only hibernating, WITH NOT PROBLEM , and you says it never worked properly?:whistling:)

THANKS a LOT for your help!

I'm not really sure what to make of your answer....:confused:. I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic or not. Plus I can't really understand what you are trying to say.

Either way, I clearly said "personally" and "in my experience". I was just trying to offer advice. Take it or leave it....I don't really care.

I've seen enough of jmac's posts to know that he was clearly only trying to help. He's built up enough of a history on this forum for me to be able to pretty accurately determine that he is a productive member of this forum. But with you, Kharl, it apparently only takes one or two posts to determine that you are most likely a douche...

The funny thing is that i copy and paste almost the same in couple of different forums, and i receive a VERY different answer in the other forums, and this guy came to say that he was only "trying to help".

If you didn't have anything better than the silence to say, that would have been a better help.

As I mention with the emoticon, your very mature behavior it's just entertaining me.

What i would pay to see this in real life......

And the funnies part, you CAN'T imagine how SMALL is this world.
Specially you cboucher… lol

O... k. Apparently I called that one.

if you could understand what i say then you would really understand the real meaning and importance of one of the forum rules, specially the one that sates VERY CLEAR "We take the "be nice" rule VERY seriously!"

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

and thanks for the adjectives

Back
Top Bottom