Help with webpages not loading!!!!

familyman1

In Runtime
Hello all. My Dad called me the other day and says that he gets a message that his web pages will not load no matter which browser he uses. He is running win7 home premium. I had him reset his cable modem and look in the network settings to make sure that it wasn't disconnected. Everything looks good so far. He even had the cable company do a hard reset on their end and a tech came to his house and installed a new modem and connected with their laptop. Could their be some kind of firewall setting that went haywire or something? He also has parental controls through norton 360. Thanks in advance for your input.

Has he tried disabling Norton and then seeing if he can connect? It could theoretically be going haywire and preventing any connections. Can you ping websites at all or is everything outside the PC dead?

Haven't tried pinging. He lives 5 hrs from me so I'm trying to do all of this over the phone from time to time. I will have him go into cmd the next time I talk to him and see if we can get some results from pinging. I personally hate norton because I had some trouble out of it before. Is there a way to completely disable norton without uninstalling it?

Back
Top Bottom