Help With Startup Error, Explorer Not Functioning Normal

HockeyDude99

Beta member
Help With Startup Error, Explorer Not Functioning Normal

Operating System: Windows XP Professional

Hello, I recently went to Windows Update from a browser, and it updated my computer. I shut down the computer, and the next day when I went to restart it, I got the following error before the desktop would appear as a blue screen:
"Stop c0000269 {Illegal System DLL Relocation}
The System DLL kernel32.dll was relocated in memory. THe application will not run properly.
The relocation occured because the DLL C:\WINDOWS\system32\GDI32.dll occupied an address range reserved for Windows System DLL's. The vendor supplying the DLL s hou %s %s."

Now, I tried running it in safe mode, and tried everything I could think of, but it always came up with that error, not the actual desktop.

I went and searched around on another computer, and found and followed the following information/steps:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=875350
(The Use Recovery Module Part on there. I cant seem to Copy And Paste for some reason.)

Now, I followed all that, I changed the registry value there, however, the taskbar does not appear.

Alternatively, I attempeted CTRL + ALT + DELETE, File > New Task (Run...) and entered explorer.exe, however, it opens My Documents.

I have run out of ideas, and cant seem to find the information here, or anywhere else, and I have quite a bit of information here, that if I'd reformat, I'd need to burn 10 or so disks, and I hope/think there could be an easier way to solve this issue.

Put the XP CD in, bootup, press any key to boot from CD. Go though like you are to reinstall, until you get to the point where it detecs the previous OS. Then choose repair. This will replace all the system files and such, and you may have to install some programs again, but your data should be intact. This is one idea.

Back
Top Bottom