Help! Ripping burnt dvds.

Andy12345

Beta member
Hey everyone, I have a question about ripping burnt dvds.I have a dvd recorder that I have recorded a few programs on and I want to rip them onto my computer.I have finalized the discs and they should be ready to rip...but when I try to rip them, nothing happens. It won't even play.The discs are Fujifilm DVD -RW. I have a DVD -R that will play but yet wont rip. My friend said that it could be my cd drive but I have no idea.I can play and rip normal dvd movies but I just do not understand why this won't work.Im using the Xilisoft DVD ripper.My computer is a 2005 Gateway if thats helps. If someone could help me or even give me their imput that would be great.Because I dont know much about computers.Thank for your time.

Its possibly your drive, it may not be to read the disc format that your DVD recorder uses. Whats the model of the drive in the computer, you can find it in device manager.

Ok I found the model number.HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4482B. It is probibly my drive because my friend had put the discs on his computer using the same DVD ripper, so its not the discs nor the ripping program.

Back
Top Bottom