Help! Problems with my computer!

newguy99

Beta member
Various problems have been occurring with my computer. I am fairly certain that it isn't malware/viruses/worms/trojans, but I don't know what it is. Files are becoming corrupt and/or unreadable, and it is suggesting that I should perform a CHKDSK. I perform CHKDSK c: /f, and at stage 2/5, it stops at 20% and won't continue. (And no, it's not just slow. I waited 27 hrs w/ no change, with the same results 10/10 times.) What would you suggest that I would do? Also, I get BSODs.

Various problems have been occurring with my computer. I am fairly certain that it isn't malware/viruses/worms/trojans, but I don't know what it is. Files are becoming corrupt and/or unreadable, and it is suggesting that I should perform a CHKDSK. I perform CHKDSK c: /f, and at stage 2/5, it stops at 20% and won't continue. (And no, it's not just slow. I waited 27 hrs w/ no change, with the same results 10/10 times.) What would you suggest that I would do? Also, I get BSODs.

I would copy all the files you want to save to an external drive and then replace the hard drive. It sounds like it is on it's way out, which means you have a limited time to get your files off of it before it becomes completely unreadable.

Back
Top Bottom