Help: LiveKernelEvent

the_briton

Baseband Member
Hello everybody,
thank you for taking the time to look at my problem (I wasnt definate which forum it should go into, so apologies if I have the wrong one).

Okay, I have been having alot of problems with my computer recently and the history of it goes back a fair while, so I will do my best to explain the problem and will post my spec at the end of the post (please feel free to ask for any additional information as I am not great with computers).

Originally the problem started around nine months ago, when i started to recieve this error message "Display driver atikmdag has stopped responding and successfully recovered". After trawling through the internet and trying dozens of fixes, I upgraded my ram which seemed to fix the problem. Recently however I bought a game called Starcaft II and the problem returned. My first response was to update the ati drivers however this did not fix the problem and if anything it has become worse. When I used to recieve the "Atikmdag" error, my computer would freeze for a moment, the screen would then go black for about 5 seconds and then catch up with itself. Now however my computer is completely crashing, Ctrl + Alt + Del does not work, so I have to manually restart the computer. (Strangely when I originally bought Starcraft II, the game didnt really have any problems, except for the very occasional Atikmdag error, now however I can play for around 8 minutes and it will freeze).

When this started to happen I originally thought it would be the "Atikmdag"error however on closer inspection, it is the following:

Description
A problem with your video hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 2057

Extra information about the problem
BCCode: 117
BCP1: 8610D008
BCP2: 8F83C8FE
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1
Bucket ID: 0x117_Tdr:2_IMAGE_atikmdag.sys
Server information: db0c01ce-498c-4e03-a258-257b3392c08a

I recieved that error code 10 times in 15 minutes on my problem log yesterday, (sometimes it doesnt seem to crash the computer). So last night I upgraded to windows 7 as I had bought it anyway, and decided to format the computer whilst I upgraded. Still the same problem today, I'm wondering whether the graphics cards themselves may be faulty (I have tried reseating them and used canned air to clean them).

Specs:
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit
Motherboard: ASUS P5W DH Deluxe
Processor: Intel Core 2 cpu 6600 @ 2.40ghz (2CPU's)
Memory: 4096MB (think its DDR1, cant remember how to check)
Graphics Cards: Ati Radeon x1950 Pro x2

Back
Top Bottom