Help getting XP to work on new computer

Dagger10k

Solid State Member
I just accidently fried the CPU on my previous system, so I bought a new barebones system (Motherboard, CPU, RAM), and transfered over everything else. I had heard elsewhere that I might be able to boot directly off the hard drive, even with the new system. Well, I tried it, and when it got the windows loading screen, instead of loading, the system restarts.

So I figured I would just pop in the XP CD, and do a repair installation. Well, I have tried it twice, and both times, right after it had restarted to boot into XP for "the first time," the blue screen of death popped up.

If you have not seen this message before, then restart blah blah blah

and then

Stop 0x0000007b

I am not sure what to do. Any information on how to get this installation to work would be very appreciated.

Thanks for any help.

Computer:

Athlon 64 3000+
Gigabyte K8NS
512 mb ddr400
Powercolor 9800 pro
100 gb maxtor
Turtle Beach Santa Cruz
Sony CD-RW

I believe it is because u have new hardware, xp is gaying itself now u could obviously do a fresh install of xp and that would fix anything but i dont want to do that i gather. Sorry i dont have any other ideas, well i might do but maybe bit to hard to explain and they prolly wont work as i believe its the old drivers conflicting with different hardware causing this?, lets see what everyone else says.

Well, I ended up doing a new installation over the old one. I had to reactivate (no problem there) and install all my stuff over (still working some stuff out.) Thanks for the help anyway.

Back
Top Bottom