Help with File Permissions in Win2k Pro

Nimandir

Baseband Member
Okay, I got this laptop from my dad a month or two ago. A business bought some new laptops for their employees and I ended up with one of their old laptops. So, now I'm using Windows 200 Professional (I have the Product Key and everything that the laptop came with). Now, I'm still kinda new with all these permissions you can set. So, here is my small problem.

I have a folder full of files that I want to share will all accounts on this computer. I have the folder on the desktop and I'm trying to get this to show in a Guest account and a Restricted Account as well. So far, I don't see it on anything other than my Admin accounts.

I right-clicked the folder and selected Properties/Security and Added "Everyone" to the list of names. So far, the list is this:

Administrators (Josh\Administrators
Everyone
Guest (Josh\Guest)
Nimandir (Josh\Nimandir)
SYSTEM

On the Guest Account (the built-in one) I have "Read and Execute, List Folder Contents, Read, and Write as Allowed). Still, I don't see this folder when logged into the Guest Account.

I guess I had set the permissions correctly. I went under the Documents and Settings for the Guest Account and pasted a shortcut to the folder I was wanting to give access to on that account. So, now it's working for what I needed it to do.

Was there another or better way to do this? Like, anyone in the Guest Group would see the shortcut on their desktop?

Back
Top Bottom