Help clean up after the after math of missing and Corrupted

Saycheese

Beta member
Hi Yall,

I'm looking for someone who has all the (right) answers to the mystories of Windows XP. I E-mailed Bill Gates but his system must have crashed and he never got back to me. Guess he never got my X-mas Card either.

I had a \winnt\system32\config\system crash on my Windows XP. It was a hardware screw up because dust was over heating the cooling fan. I tried renaming everything but nothing helped. I finally ended up restarting Windows XP but saved the old files rather then format. Now it saved all the old operating system files in my FAT 32 D: Drive. I now have two Window XPs that I have to choose from when I start the machine. Of course the one is corrupt but the other is working well.

Does any body know how to delete the corrupt version from my D: drive without formating the whole computer and losing all the files I tried to save?

Well you could try Partition Magic to save your partition on the hhd that works .....

Delete the partition on the :C drive , then copy the partition from D hhd to :C

Or you could try Norton Ghost & make an image of your hhd...delete the partition that's corrupted & make a new partition & copy the image over to the new partition.

Back
Top Bottom