HELP acer aspire one aoa110-1588

bmwmdriver89

Beta member
so i recently bought an acer aspire one off ebay for $140 because the guy said it wont boot. so i figured hey no biggie il just throw some windows xp on a usb flash drive and i should have no problems. well here is what happens and i have tried multiple times install windows. so the first couple of times i formatted to fat 32 and the system installed everything up to the %100 then it rebooted. when it rebooted i selected the 2 option where it says set up gui+continute setup and so on. once i selected that it showed windows loading the it said windows is starting up then it threw me a crash screen saying stop c000021a system fatal error. i then tried reinstalling only to another blue screen saying something different. it says stop c0000221 {bad image checksum} the image advapi32.dll is possibly corrupt. what do i do? i want to install windows and get my little acer up and running im pretty sure i can get it running somehow am i right?

Try installing ubuntu or some other form of linux from your thumb drive. Take a look at this site for details. I've found XP to be difficult to install via thumb drive, so test with another OS to see if the hardware is still functional. Windows 7 (and Vista) install easily from a thumb drive as well.

Back
Top Bottom