Help!

sakot_tijir

Solid State Member
Hello,

I have a computer that was recently given to me and the computer when its started up will go through its driver screen and its video card and what not but when it should come to its XP Account Sign In screen is instead goes to a black screen and says "Please Enter Current Password". I do not know the password and neither does the person that gave me the computer. I've tried making an ISO disk and use astruim to try and edit the registry but when you insert the cd into the drive and reboot the computer, the disk doesn't start up and it still goes through the screens aforementioned and then goes to the black screen with the password. HOW DO YOU FIX THIS PROBLEM? All suggestions will be appreciated and thanks to all who help in advance!

~Sako~

Hi,

Boot up in safe mode (Reboot PC, After Computer Beeps rapidly press F8, Select Safe Mode) Go into the account (should let you through) and change the Password. Other than that i think we can't help you.

Um. If you're trying to boot from a cd. First of all cd must be bootable, then BIOS must be set to boot from cd before hard drive. Check your boot sequence in BIOS.

You could always format / reinstall Windows.

That almost sounds like a BIOS password that is needed. There are not many ways around that...... well, there is one, but the owner of the computer should know the password. Did he ever use the computer at all? Do a Google search on "reset BIOS password" and see what you find.........

You just may find your answer

Back
Top Bottom