Hello

jaupro

Beta member
Hello, first off i would like to introduce myself. I am 25 years old, from canton,Ohio I'm relatively good with computers. I'm not an expert by any means, but I have a pretty good head on my shoulders when it comes to them.

So here is my first question for this forum:

I am currently running on a computer I bought from tiger direct a few years ago. I couldnt pass it up. It had quad core CPU, 4GB ram, 750GB Hard drive, all for about 400 bucks. (was refurbed and discontinued). Anywho this computer is a gateway that runs Vista. I am tired of running Vista. I went to upgrade to windows 7, and the partitioned backup program freaked out, and had me go back to Vista. :mad:

Now, I don't want to lose my backup program, just incase something were to go wrong. But I also would like to have windows 7 on this PC, which would mean I'd have to delete the partition and lose the backup-ability. I am sure there is some kind of work around, that'd allow me to upgrade, and still have my backup. what would you guys recommend? be my process in doing so?

Hi and welcome to the site

Personally I would manually backup any files you wish to keep (Word docs, visdeos and so on) then wipe the hard-drive and re-install windows 7 from scratch. Is this an option for you?

Back
Top Bottom