Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Software and Operating Systems
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 08-14-2012, 01:54 PM   #1
In Runtime

Default Having issuses w/ auto sleep & Harmony remote control

Having issuses w/ auto sleep.
Screen saver is set to come on in one minute.
the PC power setting are set (w/in screen saver power settings) to sleep at 10 minutes and the display is set to never turn off.( previous setting I believe was 30 minutes however the PC would auto sleep directly after W7MC completed it's recording

The PC will enter sleep after Windows 7 media center completes a scheduled recording & when the PC doe's it automatic updates however the PC at the desktop will not enter auto sleep even when it's not active for the set ten minutes I can force sleep from start sleep.

I thought maybe the wireless adaptor was creating a active state (because it was recieving packets sent from internet) so I dissconnected the wireless connection still no auto sleep from desktop.

Edit: never had this sleep issue before I usalley allways just leave the wireless connection connected and PC would auto sleep.
Edit: PC is connected to AVR Via HDMI cable when I use my Harmony 700 to close example my DVDR activitiy by pressing the PC activity it never goe's to the desktop (desktop flashs on for a split second) on first press it allways goe's to watch TV and has no audio,usalley it requires 4+ PCpress's

I have to continue to press mulitple times PC activity button sometimes it goe's to desktop sometimes not so I move wireless mouse then I have desktop would prefer to use remote.

I recently observed this problem during the recording of the Oylimpics (using the guide set recording start 7:00pm stop 11:00PM) weird thing was half the time W7MC would only record half of a 4 hour recording then it would record the rebroadcast full 4 hours.

I believe the recording stopped due to a weak OTA TV signal from my free antena so W7MC just looked for the next time the show came on thus the second recording.

Third time it did this I got suspious and checked PC on /off state inbetween the rebroadcast 12:00am -4:00am PC was on however was'nt recording.

also I can only force sleep from start sleep if ten minutes pryor to a scheduled recording.

Thanks for any advice on this auto sleep malfunctioning.
STB

Old 08-14-2012, 02:59 PM   #2
In Runtime

Default Re: Having issuses w/ auto sleep & Harmony remote control

Having issuses w/ auto sleep.
Screen saver is set to come on in one minute.
the PC power setting are set (w/in screen saver power settings) to sleep at 10 minutes and the display is set to never turn off.( previous setting I believe was 30 minutes however the PC would auto sleep directly after W7MC completed it's recording

(sometimes) the PC will enter sleep after Windows 7 media center completes a scheduled recording & when the PC doe's it automatic updates however the PC at the desktop will not enter auto sleep even when it's not active for the set ten minutes I can force sleep from start sleep.

I thought maybe the wireless adaptor was creating a active state (because it was recieving packets sent from internet) so I dissconnected the wireless connection still no auto sleep from desktop.

Edit: never had this sleep issue before I usalley allways just leave the wireless connection connected and PC would auto sleep.
Edit: PC is connected to AVR Via HDMI cable when I use my Harmony 700 to close example my DVDR activitiy by pressing the PC activity it never goe's to the desktop (desktop flashs on for a split second) on first press it allways goe's to watch TV and has no audio,usalley it requires 4+ PCpress's

I have to continue to press mulitple times PC activity button sometimes it goe's to desktop sometimes not so I move wireless mouse then I have desktop would prefer to use remote.

I recently observed this problem during the recording of the Oylimpics (using the guide set recording start 7:00pm stop 11:00PM) weird thing was half the time W7MC would only record half of a 4 hour recording then it would record the rebroadcast full 4 hours.

I believe the recording stopped due to a weak OTA TV signal from my free antena so W7MC just looked for the next time the show came on thus the second recording.

Third time it did this I got suspious and checked PC on /off state inbetween the rebroadcast 12:00am -4:00am PC was on however was'nt recording.

also I can only force sleep from start sleep if ten minutes pryor to a scheduled recording.

Thanks for any advice on this auto sleep malfunctioning.
STB