Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Software and Operating Systems
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-23-2007, 12:15 AM   #31
Fully Optimized

Default Re: Haha, Windows XP is phasing out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Interesting to note that Dell has scrapped oem Vista installations on its pc's and gone back to XP.

Granted it's the Inquirer but if it is true it's a big kick in the pants for Microsoft, I love the way the Inquirer has taken to calling Vista "Media Edition II" due to the slow uptake and popular general consenus that it is a dud release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inquirer
This is classic abusive monopoly behavior, Microsoft wrote the modern book on it. It pulled all the major OEMs in by twisting their arms with the usual methods, and they again all fell into line. Never before has anyone backpedalled on this, to do so would earn you the wrath of Microsoft.

But Dell just did. This means that Me II sales are at least as bad as we think, the software and driver situation is just as miserable, and Dell had no choice but to buck the trend. If anyone thinks this is an act of atonement for foisting such a steaming pile on us, think again, it doesn't care about the consumer....
SOURCE

A True Folder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 08:06 AM   #32
In Runtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by A True Folder View Post
Interesting to note that Dell has scrapped oem Vista installations on its pc's and gone back to XP.

Granted it's the Inquirer but if it is true it's a big kick in the pants for Microsoft, I love the way the Inquirer has taken to calling Vista "Media Edition II" due to the slow uptake and popular general consenus that it is a dud release.

SOURCE
That's pure BS...........Inquirer, are you serious?

Dell has NOT scraped anything concerning Vista. Go look at their website!
All Dell machines come standard with Vista. You can get an XP machine from Dell but you have to custom build to opt out of Vista and go with XP.

People are slow to change................it's the same over and over. XP was a very stable OS and alot of people see no reason to change at this time...........doesn't make Vista a bad OS. In fact, I bet Vista will prove over time to be a more stable OS than XP was..........mark my words!

Old 04-23-2007, 01:44 PM   #33
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to Starr Send a message via MSN to Starr

Brian is right, no one thought XP was good until they released SP2. The same thing will happen with Vista. They are already beginning to work on Vista's SP2.

There are more to Vista then the eye candy, it will, in the long run, will have better performance and security due two DX10 and coders taking advantage of what Vista offer. Also, a firewall that protects both outbound and inbound traffic, a standard anti-malware program, and Bitlocker protection.

Vista definantly has nothing to worry about. It delivers a lot to the PC market. It would be nice if they included WinFS though....

Windows Vista Business Edition

"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who know binary and those who don't."
Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 07:32 PM   #34
BSOD

Send a message via AIM to gplpark92

Vista is farting in my face, when it comes to playing games.

Also with drivers - i'm having to upgrade SOME stupid driver somewhere just to make it stop complaining to me
gplpark92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 08:20 PM   #35
Fully Optimized

i wish there was a way to dualboot and install xp after vista so i can have the gameson xp and the rest in vista so it doesnt fart in my face.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:35 PM   #36
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_Fenner View Post
That's pure BS...........Inquirer, are you serious? ......
Quote:
Originally Posted by A True Folder View Post
.......Granted it's the Inquirer but if it is true it's a big kick in the pants for Microsoft .......
I highlighted the important bits just in case you missed them the first time.

A True Folder is offline   Reply With Quote