Haha, Windows XP is phasing out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
Windows XP to be phased out by year's end despite customer demand
http://apcmag.com/5835/vendors_in_no_rush_to_ditch_xp_for_vista

Computer makers have been told they'll no longer be able to get Windows XP OEM by the end of this year, despite consumer resistance to Vista and its compatibility problems.

By early 2008, Microsoft's contracts with computer makers will require companies to only sell Vista-loaded machines. "The OEM version of XP Professional goes next January," said Frank Luburic, senior ThinkPad product manager for Lenovo. "At that point, they'll have no choice."

Isn't this similar to whats being posted in the social lounge?

eitherway, it doesn't suprise me. personally, i want vista. It looks nice, and the only bugs that i have seen aren't microsofts fault. Microsoft does not make drivers... usually.

I don't see any post like this in the Social Lounge. But it looks like there will still be widespread support for XP, but hopefully more people will not be too paranoid with Vista compatibility.

Yeah that's been out for a while, Professional will stop production by January of next year. But I mean with DX10 mid-range cards beginning to appear on shelves XP will be obsolete with it's DX9 support, everyone, whether they like it or not will eventually need to switch to Vista if they want to keep up with the times, so XP phasing out really isn't so bad.

It's good news as far as I'm concerned..............no Vista issues on two machines here. Glad I took the plunge.

Hey everyone thought Win 3.1 was awesome. :D

Bad news all the way i have a vista laptop and desktop pc

and the desktop has c2d processor 2 gb ram and 512 nvidia graphics card and it will jus bout run it smoothly im not sayin u cnt run it on lower spec im just sayin that on my laptop

celeron M 1Gb ram and 128 shared graphics every game / program that is a little thirsty on resources cant close smoothly always stops respondin

so lets do some maths

minimum spec for windows xp :

300Mhz Processor or higher
128Mb RAM

now xp did NOT run good on that spec infact it didnt run absolutely seemlessly until i had a pentium D processor 2.8Ghz with 1Gb RAM so following numbers

128 256 512 1024 thats 8 X the minimum RAM

and 300 600 1200 1400 2800 9 X the minimum Processor Speed so..

Vista Premium Minimum Spec

1000Mhz Processor
1024Mb RAM

so according to my analysations (poor Spelling) then to run vista seemlesly you will need

Minimum Ram Will Then be 8 * 1024 = 8192Mb Ram 8Gb
Minimum Processor Speed 9 * 1000Mhz = 9000Mhz 9Ghz

Maybe thats an ova shot with the new C2D out now and even C2Q but im bettin its not gonna be far off atleast 4Gb RAM and a decent c2q until your runnin vista perfectly

and pc's nowa days jus are not built for that so hold off killing xp

LONG LIVE WINDOWS XP

Bad news all the way i have a vista laptop and desktop pc

and the desktop has c2d processor 2 gb ram and 512 nvidia graphics card and it will jus bout run it smoothly im not sayin u cnt run it on lower spec im just sayin that on my laptop

celeron M 1Gb ram and 128 shared graphics every game / program that is a little thirsty on resources cant close smoothly always stops respondin

so lets do some maths

minimum spec for windows xp :

300Mhz Processor or higher
128Mb RAM

now xp did NOT run good on that spec infact it didnt run absolutely seemlessly until i had a pentium D processor 2.8Ghz with 1Gb RAM so following numbers

128 256 512 1024 thats 8 X the minimum RAM

and 300 600 1200 1400 2800 9 X the minimum Processor Speed so..

Vista Premium Minimum Spec

1000Mhz Processor
1024Mb RAM

so according to my analysations (poor Spelling) then to run vista seemlesly you will need

Minimum Ram Will Then be 8 * 1024 = 8192Mb Ram 8Gb
Minimum Processor Speed 9 * 1000Mhz = 9000Mhz 9Ghz

Maybe thats an ova shot with the new C2D out now and even C2Q but im bettin its not gonna be far off atleast 4Gb RAM and a decent c2q until your runnin vista perfectly

and pc's nowa days jus are not built for that so hold off killing xp

LONG LIVE WINDOWS XP

LMFAO! According to your specs machines probally won't be able to run vista flawlessly for another 2-3 years on that ram standard. And for the minimum processor speed who knows how long considering they can't to the 4ghz barrier in a mass market. The highest overclocked processor i've ever seen is 5ghz on phase.

Funny though my system runs flawless with a 3.1GHz core2duo, 2gb ram, 512mb GPU

As for your XP thoughts my 1.9ghz with 256mb RDram, 256mb GPU ran XP just fine on my system.

Like hell I'll get vista.

XP is fine for me. Vista will be on my computer when I get a new mobo, new cpu, new ram, and a new video card. Untill then, I'll stick to games running on DirectX9.

Back
Top Bottom