Guys please help windows 7 fcked!!

maanas

Beta member
HI DER......

Yesterday i bot a new 2tb hard drive(sata) n i wanted to install it on my pc!! i plugged it by the cable to the mobo n the drive then i started the pc it didnt show!! pc didnt read it then i inserted a windows Xp cd n booted the pc....i went to the partition thing.. n then by mistake formatted the new drive SINCE IT WAS MY FIRST TIME...INSTALLING A NEW HD....instead of creating the partiton i installed it....first formatted it by NFTS(quick) then windows xp started installing which wa snot req so i pulled the cd of!! my win 7 is in C drive which is in a seperate Hrd disk! i didnt tuch it....the windows xp was getting isntalled in the new HD....now when i started the pc...the loading screen was of win xp!

i plugged out the new hd n then when i start the pc A BLACK SCEEN COMES N DISPLAYS "FILE MISSING OR COURRPT SYSTEM32/HAL.DLL N CANNOT START THE PC!! PLZ GUYS HELP ME!! PLZ PLZ IN SERIOUS NEED OF HELP!

REGARDS
MAANAS

How far did the installation get?
If you still have the Windows 7 installation disk you could try startup repair from it.
You may need to rewrite the mbr - Master Boot Record.

If all else fails and nobody can come up with an answer then you may need to get a linux live cd, boot off the cd, copy the files to an external medium, and then reinstall windows 7. But only do this as a last resort.

Put in your Windows 7 DVD, boot to it, and then select "startup repair" and it should fix the problem. It doesn't hurt to disconnect the second drive (the new one) before you start the process, just so that the repair tool doesn't think that something else is amiss.

The problem that you ran into is that the new drive wasn't formatted. Once you get back into Windows 7, shut down, plug in the new drive and boot back into 7. Once on the desktop, click start, then on the right side, RIGHT click on "computer" and choose "manage". Then on the left side, look for a subsection called disk management.

Look in here, you should see the new drive, including the Windows XP partition where it started to install. From here, you can delete the XP partition and re-format the hard drive without affecting your current Windows 7 installation.

Back
Top Bottom