Google took web browsers to a new level

I go back and forth in my head on whether or not Chrome is a good thing these days. They're headed quickly towards the sorts of stuff that I didn't like about IE 20 years ago.

They're more than just a browser. You're a browser? Great. You don't need to help me fight viruses or navigate my files. I've got other stuff for that.

I'm even starting starting to see "Best experienced with Chrome" on footers.

It's just deja vu, they aren't necessarily doing anything bad, per se.

I go back and forth in my head on whether or not Chrome is a good thing these days.

It's not. I say that while using it, but just know that "All your data are belong to Google"

They're more than just a browser. You're a browser? Great. You don't need to help me fight viruses or navigate my files. I've got other stuff for that.

C'mon... let me in :devil:

It's just deja vu, they aren't necessarily doing anything bad, per se.

Except collecting EVERYTHING you do online, aggregating it and then selling it. Before you say I can't prove that, which I guess I really can't prove it, I did work with Google on a few projects for an old company and the shit they know is effing scary.

And there's that weird thing about the chrome logo being three sixes in a circle. That's off the deep end, but seriously they're stealing your data. But then again it's not stealing because you agreed to it when you downloaded it, among other things.

Yeah. That's why I use Firefox. I've completely erased Google from my computers. I even try not to use the stock OS installed in Android phones, even though it probably doesn't help, since I've never read the agreement on Google accounts, which is basically mandatory if you want to use your phone.

That kind of stuff really gets me. Even if I agreed to it, there is no way to disagree, so I just don't use it. The same way with their search engine. It's been several months since I swapped it for DuckDuckGo.

The sole fact that I can't select the folder that I want to use for installation is enough for me to want to move on.

Even with all those measures, your data is going to remain being stolen. Most antivirus software and Windows are doing the exact same thing. That's why I use Windows only for gaming and using obscure software, and have no antivirus other than the built-in and MBAM for on demand scans.

(...) there is no way to disagree

(...)
Even with all those measures, your data is going to remain being stolen. Most antivirus software and Windows are doing the exact same thing. That's why I use Windows only for gaming and using obscure software, and have no antivirus other than the built-in and MBAM for on demand scans.
+1

EDIT: On a related note, I about lost my shit at Comcast and their horrible policies of data overages. I wonder if this will hold up in court.
ComcastEdited.jpg

Quite interestingly, my connection was cut off after that and I couldn't download the transcript. Hence the screenshot

Last edited:
You can't download the chat if the other person ends the session? That's some BS. I've dealt with this kind of support before and I never encountered that.

What are the overage policies by the way? Is it $10 for each extra 50Gb? Lucky data caps are not a thing here...

And why are you talking to a prostitute about your ISP? [emoji38]

Google's policy

So, I just read most of Google Chromes' terms, and this is what I found about privacy, after following 2 different links buried somewhere in between the 5.000.000 words (not really but that's what it feels like) that make up the terms:

What do they collect (highlights)?

- details of how you used our service, such as your search queries.

- telephony log information like your phone number, calling-party number, forwarding numbers, time and date of calls, duration of calls, SMS routing information and types of calls.

- Internet protocol address.

- device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.

- cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your Google Account.

*Location information

*Unique application numbers

- Certain services include a unique application number. This number and information about your installation (for example, the operating system type and application version number) may be sent to Google when you install or uninstall that service or when that service periodically contacts our servers, such as for automatic updates.

*Local storage

- We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches

- Our automated systems analyze your content (including emails) to provide you personally relevant product features, such as customized search results, tailored advertising, and spam and malware detection.

Who do they share this with?

*With consent, basically anyone
*With domain administrators, for administration purposes (such as disabling account and change passwords.)
"*For external processing We provide personal information to our affiliates or other trusted businesses or persons to process it for us, based on our instructions and in compliance with our Privacy Policy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures." (< Nice...)
For legal reasons.

Sources:
  1. https://www.google.com/chrome/privacy/eula_text.html (The one with 5.000.000 words and buried links)
  2. https://policies.google.com/privacy (The one I got all the info from)
  3. https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/privacy/ (This is mostly crap since it tells you things you already know, mostly to protect your privacy when using Chrome. However, they fail to mention that you shouldn't install Chrome. Weird!)

:pcmad: :peace:

Last edited:
Here's comcast data policy, highlighted showing the important parts.

27173548_10157038360007598_1640864060951674684_o.jpg

Back
Top Bottom