Google Chrome won't doownload

Clarence

In Runtime
64 bit OS Windows 7 pro. After uninstalling an old version and trying to reisnatall the chrome browser I'm getting a message saying " a current security setting is preventing the installation. I have remove all the antivirus but still getting this problem:confused:

Go to windows firewall and disable it. Make sure AntiV is disabled too for the moment, RE-download chrome, install, should work.

Hope this helps :)

In theory, the Windows Firewall shouldn't block the installation.

Is this your own PC or a work PC?
Can you provide a screenshot to show us the error message?
Can you provide the download link for Chrome that you're trying to use?

In theory, the Windows Firewall shouldn't block the installation.

Is this your own PC or a work PC?
Can you provide a screenshot to show us the error message?
Can you provide the download link for Chrome that you're trying to use?

Firewall would block anything it might see fit. I've had it happen :p. I have firewall totally disabled lol. Might have a virus depending where he downloaded it from though.

I've never seen a simple error like that. It almost looks " fake". Maybe do a virus scan, who knows maybe you have a virus stuck somewhere blocking the download. I'm really no expert i'm just going off what I would try myself. I'm a Chrome user and never had that happen before :/

I've never seen a simple error like that. It almost looks " fake". Maybe do a virus scan, who knows maybe you have a virus stuck somewhere blocking the download. I'm really no expert i'm just going off what I would try myself. I'm a Chrome user and never had that happen before :/

I agree, it certainly does look too simple...

I'll break from the group and say I have seen this before.

So let's give this a shot. In internet explorer go to tools, then internet options. On the security Tab, click "reset all zones to default level". On the Privacy tab, if it's enabled click the "Default" button. Then on the Advanced Tab click "Restore Advanced Settings". Some of these might require a computer reboot to take affect (per comments in the internet options) so reboot and try again.

64 bit OS Windows 7 pro. After uninstalling an old version and trying to reisnatall the chrome browser I'm getting a message saying " a current security setting is preventing the installation. I have remove all the antivirus but still getting this problem:confused:

Did you install all updates?

I'll break from the group and say I have seen this before.

So let's give this a shot. In internet explorer go to tools, then internet options. On the security Tab, click "reset all zones to default level". On the Privacy tab, if it's enabled click the "Default" button. Then on the Advanced Tab click "Restore Advanced Settings". Some of these might require a computer reboot to take affect (per comments in the internet options) so reboot and try again.

:angel: Thats looks like some real configs ...lol. I did a clean installation of the OS and it worked. I was suggesting it was a virus after the last two replys so i didn't get an opportunity to try calegorm suggestion!!!!!!:lol: would have like tyo see how that worked out

thanks again everyone.

Back
Top Bottom