Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Software and Operating Systems
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 01-15-2011, 12:09 PM   #1
BSOD

Default Google Chrome.

Does it really make that much difference? And how much memory does it take up?

clacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 04:39 AM   #2
Baseband Member

Default Re: Google Chrome.

it doesn't make that much difference. On par with firefox. The user interface is a little better IMO than on firefox (home screen has recently accessed tabs and most used pages). It doesn't use that much memory. if you have 1GB+ then you will be fine. I use a HP laptop with 8GB and it doesn't use enough RAM to move it from the base on my RAM usage tool (meaning less than 256 MB used.).
Kinda lags on my IBM though (1GB, 900 MHZ) but I think that is a processor bottleneck.

Main toys:
78 K20. 400SBC Dual Quads, Muncie 4 speed, NP 205, Dana 60's at both ends with 4.11 gears.
86 F250. 540 horse crate 460 and ZF6. Dana 70 rear with 3.73 gears. dual stacks to vent the dual quads lol.
wolfeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 08:29 AM   #3
BSOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeking View Post
it doesn't make that much difference. On par with firefox. The user interface is a little better IMO than on firefox (home screen has recently accessed tabs and most used pages). It doesn't use that much memory. if you have 1GB+ then you will be fine. I use a HP laptop with 8GB and it doesn't use enough RAM to move it from the base on my RAM usage tool (meaning less than 256 MB used.).
Kinda lags on my IBM though (1GB, 900 MHZ) but I think that is a processor bottleneck.

I think I will just stick with old fashioned way if it doesn't make too much of a difference.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:20 AM   #4
Beta Member

Actually It is the browser that combines a minimal design with sophisticated technology to make the web faster, safer, and easier. And the web browser developed by Google that uses the WebKit layout engine and application framework. It was first released as a beta version. In my opinion it is a great browser, and I have converted several people to adopting it as their main browser.
robatcook1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 02:04 AM   #5
Fully Optimized

Send a message via Yahoo to bullzi Send a message via Skype™ to bullzi

Personally, I prefer chrome over anything else. The simplicity is great, it integrates with all my google apps/accounts with optional extensions and it's FAST.

What's holding you back? Just give it a try.. not like you can't uninstall it.
bullzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 04:42 AM   #6
Baseband Member

i switch between browsers A LOT lol and between the 3 (ie,firefox,gc) i think they are all the same. i notice very little difference lol i like google chrome a little more bc of the skins :P
grenades4balls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 05:02 AM   #7
Daemon Poster

Send a message via ICQ to The_Lucas Send a message via MSN to The_Lucas Send a message via Yahoo to The_Lucas

Quote:
Originally Posted by grenades4balls View Post
i switch between browsers A LOT lol and between the 3 (ie,firefox,gc) i think they are all the same. i notice very little difference lol i like google chrome a little more bc of the skins :P
The only similarity is that they all have tabs and load web pages :P
Google Chrome is nice if you want a simplistic web browser that launches fast, and you can get a lot of the extensions found in FF for Chrome.
Personally I prefer Opera.
http://lucasbytegeni.us
Quote:
Originally Posted by krone6 View Post
Doesn't "loatheing" something the same as "love?" Whenever i hear it be used the person "loves" that product or service or whatever it is they're talking about.
The_Lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 12:22 PM   #8
BSOD

I'll give it a go but I like my format right now so I will probably wont like it.
Old 01-18-2011, 01:13 PM   #9
In Runtime

Chrome > allother browsers. I have been through a fair few over the last couple of months testing and trying stuff out, and it is by far my favourite. I agree with Lucas though that Opera is also an excellent web browser, it was certainly my favourite after Chrome without any doubt

Primary::: Asus M4A79XTD EVO | AMD Phenom II x3 720BE @ 3.4GHz | 2 x 2GB Corsair 1600MHz | XFX HD5770 + eVGA GTX260 Physx | 500GB Samsung F3 + 520GB Storage | Corsair Obsidian 700D | Win 7 Ultimate x64
Secondary::: Asus P5N32-E SLI Plus | Intel Q6600 | 2 x 1GB Corsair 800MHz | Gigabyte 9800GT | 180GB Caviar Blue + 250GB Storage | Win 7 Ultimate x64
Aastii is offline   Reply With Quote