Google

Wired Earp

Baseband Member
All of a sudden I get Google Chrome but I didn't even install it, n the font is too small n I can't change it so I uninstall it but then I can't get Google directly so I have to go thru IE n MSN, but websites keep cutting out on me, n on You Tube I hear clicks. What's going on? :confused:

Have you downloaded any freeware that may include it, Does anyone else who uses your computer installed it?

surely it does not just appear by it self. it most be 1 of the 2 things BK_123 talked about.
about the font size: it can be changed in the settings. the setting to change fonts is not shown until you click "Show advanced settings..."
then you can change the font size from small to medium.

you say you can't download google directly? that's weird. try this link:
Alternate (offline) Google Chrome installer (Windows) - Google Help

BK123,

No one else uses my computer. The only thing I did was upgrade Avast n this on the same day. I also recently got a message on You Tube saying that my name wasn't appropriate for Google +, but I'm not with Google+.

EchoNatek,

Your link is for Google Chrome, but I don't want Google Chrome.

Avast you say. Avast has a deal with google. When you download (or update from an older version) you will be asked if you want chrome.
it's on "yes" as default.

YouTube is owned by Google. If you have an old youtube account, you will automatically get a Google account with that youtube name.
when you want yo create a youtube account now, you will be transferred to the "create Gmail account" page.
so technically you are "with" google+ because you have a Gmail account, but you don't have to use it.

I linked to Alternate Google Chrome installer, because i thought you wanted to reinstall Chrome. i'll advice you to do so. IE suck big time.
You are a little hard to understand. i don't fully understand the problem you are having.
going though MSN and IE to get Google directly... whats that all about??

You hear clicks??? explain that to me.

Avast you say. Avast has a deal with google. When you download (or update from an older version) you will be asked if you want chrome.
it's on "yes" as default.

OK, great, mystery solved.:)

YouTube is owned by Google. If you have an old youtube account, you will automatically get a Google account with that youtube name.
when you want yo create a youtube account now, you will be transferred to the "create Gmail account" page.
so technically you are "with" google+ because you have a Gmail account, but you don't have to use it.

Anyways, this doesn't seem to be a problem anymore.

I linked to Alternate Google Chrome installer, because i thought you wanted to reinstall Chrome. i'll advice you to do so. IE suck big time.
You are a little hard to understand. i don't fully understand the problem you are having.
going though MSN and IE to get Google directly... whats that all about??

You hear clicks??? explain that to me.

Problem is I click IE n I automatically get MSN. Before I would click Google in a small window in the bottom left hand corner of the screen n would get Google automatically. After I uninstalled I wasn't able to this anymore. Now the MSN home page always cuts in to the website I'm using, but now I learned to just close it so I don't lose where I am. And I don't know what the clicks are about, that's what I'm asking you. That's ever since the Google problem started. I'm listening to something on You Tube, the speaker is on obviously, n I hear the occasional click. Anyways, I'll install Chrome as u advise n I'll see what happens.

Last edited:
I installed it n was able to fix the font size but the font looks bad on the home page n on the sites, too, n so do the videos on You Tube, so I'm using MSN or Google thru MSN.

I have no idea what is going on. i might not still fully understand what you are doing wrong.
i don't get the "MSN or Google thru MSN" is MSN your start homepage?
if thats the case you just need to change your start page in the settings.

the bad image on youtube could be that you are running youtube in HTML5.
try this link: YouTube
if it says at the bottom of the page "Join the HTML5 Trial" then you are not running youtube in HTML 5.
if it says anything else, then click on it.

I have no idea about the clicking noise.

you obviously have some problems. you could also try to restore windows to a time before you installed chrome.
you hit the window key (open the start menu), then type in "system restore" and hit enter.
go through the guide and choose the data before all this happend.

MSN must be my start home page bcz that's what I get when I click IE. I don't know how to change that.

It's not just You Tube that has the bad image, it' s everything in Chrome.

you go to settings in chrome and tyoe in google.com in the default page. it's easy.

if that doesn't help then the blue E you are clicking properly is a shortcut to MSN.com. in that case make a new shortcut on the desktop. open the start menu and type in "chrome" then right click on chrome and select "send to" "desktop".
For IE you do the same but just type in "internet explore".

it's very weird that you are having Image quality problems with Chrome. i have never seen that before.
Plz post an image that shows what it looks like. hit the "prs scr" key (it's close to the delete key), then open Paint. (type in paint in the start menu) and then hit control + V to paste the image you just captured with the print screen key. save it and post in here.

Back
Top Bottom