Good Thing To Carry

Got in a distro-bundle of Small Linux OS Disks today, one I really like is Puppy Linux, the disc had the option to make a bootable flashdrive, I had a couple laying around so I cleanes one out a 4GB and installed Puppy, now I have a version of Linux I can load on any computer and as some of you may know having a loadable version of Linux can help fix problems on Windows OS. Handy little keychain!

Definitely agree, i'ven ot had any on USB as i havent been into repairing computers in a good while but i used to have Ubuntu Live ready to go on CD.

Just nice to be able to access all of the files etc on the hardrive without worrying about windows hiding them for you, or if you have a corrupt installation. I know you can usually repair it but half the time i reccomend a fresh install as they have usually built up so much cr3p on their computers.

So boot up on linux live, grab the files. fresh install. Lovely!

Even better; I use YUMI. This allows me to bundle all my discs on a single USB drive-- Puppy, Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit, Vista Recovery Disc 32-bit, Win 7 Recovery Disc 64-bit, BootRepair, Ophcrack, Hiren's, etc.

This lightens my load-- I don't have to carry a CD wallet around in my backpack with a bunch of discs in it (discs which still seem to get scratched despite the protection of a CD wallet :/ )

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom