Ghost imprints left on desktop

naftel23

Beta member
Hi, im currently running windows XP media center edition on my dell xps 710 and i just replaced my motherboard, although ive been having this problem since before i replaced it so that may be irrelivant. Anyways whenever i right click something to go to properties, or to rename it or any of the right click options in general after the option i want it leaves a i guess "ghost" images of the option i clicked highlighted in blue like i have my mouse over it, they dont go away unless i open up a big program that opens in a full screen, i.e; world of warcraft.
and i cant just sit there and keep opening it up everytime this happens, i need to get to the bottm of it. Please help

-Andy

ps im new to these forums :D

BUMP

Nothing? Hmmmm........ does anyone know of a program that can take pictures of my desktop, perhaps that will help

Hello,

welcome to the forums...

the problem that you're having is a screen refresh problem, things aren't going away until your computer has to 're-draw' the area of the screen...

I think that the first check you might want to do would be to look at the video drivers installed, make sure that they are the right ones for your card that you have now, (you've changed the motherboard, so if you've got onboard graphics then you;ll have changed the graphics card too).

Back
Top Bottom