Frustrated

shadydawg

Baseband Member
hello all am trying toi install windows xp onto a dell optiplex gx 620 but it wont load it for nothing it stays at setup is loading filed (windows executive)... i even tried installing windows 7 but it just hangs at starting windows.. thing is i can install the OS by putting the hard drive into another computer but when i put it back into this compouter it wont boot up is there a way i can get this working :confused::facepalm::facepalm:

If the Windows installer won't load then something is stuck in your RAM. Unplug the PC and press the power button a few times to flush it. Plug the PC back in and then (I believe on the GX620's) press F9 to choose the boot options. Select the CDROM and that should do the trick.

If that still fails at loading, then you might want to go into the BIOS and run the SMART diagnostics against the drive. It may be failing but hopefully the above will resolve.

If the Windows installer won't load then something is stuck in your RAM. Unplug the PC and press the power button a few times to flush it. Plug the PC back in and then (I believe on the GX620's) press F9 to choose the boot options. Select the CDROM and that should do the trick.

If that still fails at loading, then you might want to go into the BIOS and run the SMART diagnostics against the drive. It may be failing but hopefully the above will resolve.

Ok thanks for the reply will try it an see what happens will take out 1 stick of the ram see how it goes

You don't need to remove the RAM, and I wouldn't unless you're getting a series of beeps at bootup.

Simply unplug the PC and press the power button (as if you were turning it on) a few times and then hold for about 10 seconds. What this does is drain all electricity from the board disallowing any bad information to continue to exist in the RAM.

You don't need to remove the RAM, and I wouldn't unless you're getting a series of beeps at bootup.

Simply unplug the PC and press the power button (as if you were turning it on) a few times and then hold for about 10 seconds. What this does is drain all electricity from the board disallowing any bad information to continue to exist in the RAM.

o i tried it i turned pc back on an this showed up on the screen
Search Results

I/O Card Parity Interrupt at CA80:0367
type (s)hut of NMI (R)eboot other keys to continue

Press any other key to continue as that's not a system halt error.

You need to see what cards are in the PC and troubleshoot those once you get Windows installed on it.

Press any other key to continue as that's not a system halt error.

You need to see what cards are in the PC and troubleshoot those once you get Windows installed on it.

ok thanks for the reply am tryiong to get windows installed now is stuck at set up is starting windows again:confused:

---------- Post added at 04:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 AM ----------

whats weird is that soometimes it reaches the format stage then it formats an stops.. is like every single retry it stops at different places

ok thanks for the reply am tryiong to get windows installed now is stuck at set up is starting windows again:confused:

---------- Post added at 04:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 AM ----------

whats weird is that soometimes it reaches the format stage then it formats an stops.. is like every single retry it stops at different places

Now it' stop at press f6 to install that other stuff now:rolleyes:

I've seen this exact issue once before but I can't remember what (I/we) did to get past it...

I would run the SMART diagnostics on the drive. Then I would DBAN the drive using the quick erase to make sure nothing on the drive itself is causing this issue...

I've seen this exact issue once before but I can't remember what (I/we) did to get past it...

I would run the SMART diagnostics on the drive. Then I would DBAN the drive using the quick erase to make sure nothing on the drive itself is causing this issue...

ok will try it now

---------- Post added at 05:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 AM ----------

hmm i wonder if this could be sausing my probing i did the test on the drive this what i got..

Could it be cause my hard drive is set at 0
Drive 0: (letters i guessing the drive)-pass
Drive 1: dvd rom an some other letters - Dianostics not supported

Now it's stuck at copying files 8% for the 2nd time :-(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom