Freezing on start up, and after

chpolack

Beta member
I have an alienware aurora desktop system, and I have been experiencing a strange problem recently. Since about a week ago my computer has been hanging in startup on the "Starting Windows" screen very often. If I try multiple times to turn on the computer and shut it off, it still does not start up. I have had luck sometimes if I shut off the power to the system, wait a day, then try again. The computer will start up with no problems about 3 times in a row (across a few days) but then the problem will happen again. I cannot figure out if this issue is related to the one below, but they seem to be caused by the same thing (maybe graphics card?)

My second issue that occurs when my computer does not have the above problem. This one has only been occurring in the past few days: My computer freezes as soon as I expand a game, such as terraria, to full screen. And when it freezes, there is nothing I can do but shut it off using the button. I have dual monitors, so when this happens the main monitor freezes and the other displays a strange pattern of pieces from the display of the other screen. These problems first started a few days ago, but now as soon as I turn my computer on and open any application (outlook, chrome, etc.) the freeze occurs.

Back
Top Bottom