Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Software and Operating Systems
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 10-02-2012, 07:55 AM   #31
Fully Optimized

Default Re: The Free Software Thread!!!

I have no idea if it's good but it's free: Giveaway of the Day - free licensed software daily. Today: Reg Organizer 5.46 - Reg Organizer is a feature-rich application designed to edit, clean and maintain registry, fix errors in the system, and improve ...

Mostly I use CCleaner.

jmacavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:31 AM   #32
In Runtime

CCleaner: Download CCleaner 3.23.1823 - FileHippo.com

i7-3930K - Corsair H100 push/pull fans - ASUS Rampage IV Extreme - 4 x 4GB G.Skill DDR3 2133 - 2 x EVGA GTX680s in SLI - OS, 256GB Samsung 830 SSD - Games, 256GB Crucial M4 SSD - Antec TPC 1200W - Dell 27" IPS 2560x1440 - APC XS1500 UPS - Win7 Ultimate x64
OS-Wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:40 PM   #33
In Runtime

^^^^ Love it, a must have on all computers.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:12 PM   #34
Fully Optimized

This is by far my favorite utility to use on customers' new computers when I set them up.

The PC Decrapifier Wipes Unwanted Junk | The PC Decrapifier
Old 10-04-2012, 07:28 PM   #35
In Runtime

Ohh...I'm going to test that

---------- Post added at 12:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 PM ----------

Looks like a very handy tool like startup cop
Old 10-17-2012, 01:29 PM   #36
Daemon Poster

Here's a very nice utility, and it's free today 10/17/12.

Giveaway of the Day - free licensed software daily. Paragon Partition Manager 12 Home Special Edition (English) - Paragon Software's advanced partitioning tools help you completely control and manage your hard disks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Desktop_2012_10_17_13_20_24_436.jpg (18.9 KB, 48 views)
Old 10-23-2012, 07:57 AM   #37
Daemon Poster

This is one of the best utilities I've found for removing unwanted objects from photos.

It is incredibly easy to use, and is so intuitive, there is almost no learning curve.

It's available all day today 10-23-12, absolutely free!!!

Giveaway of the Day - free licensed software daily. Today: Inpaint 4.7 - Inpaint will magically remove elements from your photos!Inpaint photo restoration software reconstructs the selected image area from the pixels near ...

I've posted below two photos I used as an example. In one, I removed the ceiling fan, and in the other, I removed the top of the street light.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bed Room.jpg (62.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Bed Room fan removed.jpg (55.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Street Light At Clubhouse.jpg (75.7 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Street Light removed.jpg (91.9 KB, 4 views)
Old 10-28-2012, 09:03 AM   #38
In Runtime

If I posted all the awesome free software within this tread, then I would fill up whatever server this website resides in, causing it to... implode!

Here's a few of my faves:

Notepad
Paint
Windows Task Manager
Windows Live Messenger

Alright alright... here's a proper list:

AIDS II
Ah
Acid
5lo
Bomber
Eliza

...and that's just to name a few! (it's a joke... they're viruses, don't download them xD)

OK, an absolutely not a joke list:

TweakUI - Excellent for making most basic to intermediate tweaks to Windows 95-7 with absolute ease.

uTorrent - A very popular P2P download problem, which is very good, IMHO.

Windows Live Essentials - I know this is fairly boring and standard, but it's free, and so damn good!

ooVoo/Skype - Both great in their own right, even though I still prefer Windows Live Messenger.

WinRAR/WinZip - Although not truly free, their trials are very, very good, and I remember using them as far back as the 90s.

SMPlayer - Absolutely sensational program for all video media types, with several features, a great UI, performance, and compatibility, this program is an absolute must for those who constantly access video files.

MSI Kombuster - Very useful for benchmarking your GPU, and hey, it's free.

Smart Defrag 2 - Very good defragmentation program, with some nice features and it does the job very well, in my experience, as well as others I have know to use it.

ZoneAlarm - This is the ultimate free antivirus/firewall suite you will ever need, as far as I'm concerned. Nothing beats it, IMO. Although I have had to tweak it a lil, it does now work perfectly for me, and I'm sure would for MANY others. It's amazing!

I would list more, but I CBA to look through loads of my backed up software going back some years.

Good luck with your 'wares!
Der-PC-Mann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:23 AM   #39
Golden Master

A good little file recovery one that I like is Recuva - Undelete, Unerase, File and Disk Recovery - Free Download is very good to use..

Does anyone here have a particular website that they like to use, I dont mind sourceforge and majorgeeks..
BK_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:01 PM   #40
In Runtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hameister View Post
This is one of the best utilities I've found for removing unwanted objects from photos.

It is incredibly easy to use, and is so intuitive, there is almost no learning curve.

It's available all day today 10-23-12, absolutely free!!!

Giveaway of the Day - free licensed software daily. Today: Inpaint 4.7 - Inpaint will magically remove elements from your photos!Inpaint photo restoration software reconstructs the selected image area from the pixels near ...

I've posted below two photos I used as an example. In one, I removed the ceiling fan, and in the other, I removed the top of the street light.

you have a really nice house. WOW