The Free Software Thread!!!

Yo Wiz, something we need to research.

This new Pro version says that there is a special set of algorithms for defragmenting solid state drives. These new protocols are supposed to dramatically limit writes, thereby having little, or no effect on drive life.

I'll need to do some research when I have time. It's the first I hear of this.
Just completed a little research over at Auslogic - they don't go into enough detail to make a decision. Also, this is their first pass on doing it, so I'll skip it for now.

I would actually like to a section in the forums that lists all the recommended software for others to see...
You mean to create a new Forum I assume; if so, perhaps two would be better. One for free software another for paid???

I would actually like to a section in the forums that lists all the recommended software for others to see...

If you have "admin" vBulletin privileges, you can create the new forum section, and move this thread there. Make it a sticky, so it's in a central location.

Sorry about this but i couldnt find a catogary. There is a progran called vuze for downloading torrents i was wondering if this will give you a virus .

Sorry about this but i couldnt find a catogary. There is a progran called vuze for downloading torrents i was wondering if this will give you a virus .
Bit torrents are notorious for viruses and malware -- I NEVER recommend it.

Ok thanks, if i download a torrent on a computer then save it to usb and plug into another computer and save it to harddrive will that decrease the amount of chance of a virus

Back
Top Bottom