Form Filling

Lukefb

Beta member
Hi, I,m hoping someone can give me a bit of advice regarding form filling.
I'm looking for a free,reliable and secure download to help me fill in forms .
I don't know a great deal about computers, my son says I shouldn't be allowed anywhere near one, but being retired I like to go on line to buy odds and ends now and again, and this means filling in forms.
I've seen various types of form fillers advertised on line but I'm reluctant to try them in case I pick up a virus or get stuck with some kind of hidden charges. As I've said I'm not too computer literate and would like some help.

Hi Lukefb and welcome to CF (think this needs to be moved to Software) but anyway ... Most internet browsers, including Firefox and Internet Explorer, have an option that will remember some of your most commonly-used information honey :)

This is true however a
Security risk I could make you such a program if you wanted one I am a programmer and true what you say most free wear carry viruses but not all remember that some program are made just to help you along the way. I have made a lot myself and don't always listen to anti-Virus systems as they do though up a lot of false positives reg cure is a perfect example of that only take notice if the file it has specific viruses attached then delete it not before.

Yes most browsers have settings that can store your details and then when you go to enter them it will automatically fill them in, if you computer is stolen and not password protected and they find out your details it isn't a very good idea and isn't always secure on most websites..

The safest ones, as mentioned already, are probably those that come with the popular browsers. I use these for things like name and address, but make sure I don't with any secure payment like details - too much potential for things to go wrong.

Yes as berry120 has just mentioned be extra careful when making purchases online as not all sites have very secure ways for paying for things..

Thank you all for taking the time to reply to my post, I'll do as you suggest and try to find one on my browser.

Back
Top Bottom