"Forced" to have SP2??

Re:

iamroot said:
I have no idea actually. Advancing level here in CF isn't as easy as in some other forums. Takes a lot of posting to get there. In a GNU/Linux forum that i frequent, 100 postings gets you to "Senior Member".
At my last forums site, dealing with computer queries;
Newcomer in training
Member; 50 posts
Enthusiast; 350+
Booster; 650+
Addict; 900+

Then above that you might get;

Chancellor; min 2 years as a member, & depended on you having remained "in good standing"
Ambassador; min 3 years, same conditions as Chancellor

The last two didn't depend on the amount of postings, you couldn't apply for them, you just waited until they decided you merited the position, a bit dictatorial I thought, one of the reasons I left.

Maurice
beer.gif

just like to say i have SP2 on my computer and have no problems it works ok for me, i installed Sp2 as soon as i reinstalled Windows XP Pro.

Re: levels etc

iamroot said:
Hmm. What's the highest level available here? Is it moderator?

On the site that I spoke of, there was no clue how the position of moderator was attained.

By the way, one thing I have noticed about CF, is that it is very forward-looking, inasmuch that it treats it's young members as adults if they show promise, I say that because I see that there is a senior member aged 14, unless it's a typo,..... if it isn't, well done him, & well done those who saw his potential!

Maurice

Haha. I believe the level is attained automatically once a person reaches a set number of posts.

I've heard quite a lot of bad things about SP2. MS is probably gonna pester every XP user without SP2 non-stop until they get so sick and tired and agree to download and install SP2.

Re:

iamroot said:
I've heard quite a lot of bad things about SP2. MS is probably gonna pester every XP user without SP2 non-stop until they get so sick and tired and agree to download and install SP2.
They can pester all they like!!!!

Maurice :mad:

Back
Top Bottom