fonts help

biferi

Daemon Poster
I have win xp pro and I want to know how people get all these Free Fonts and ad them to there Fonts Folder?

Do you get a font file and un zip it to the fonts folder or just download the Font to the Fonts folder?

What is the easy way to do this?

Just as a quick example if you want a font then go to a website that offers free fonts:

http://www.1001freefonts.com/

Then you download and unzip the font and put it in your X:\Windows\Fonts file folder and they should show up in any application, if they do not show up immediately then restart the computer or restart the application that you are trying to get them to show in.

Well I wanted to get a lot of Fonts at one time.
People always tell me they get say a Lot of Fonts at one time and download them.

And I never new how

You could definitely find a .torrent "legal of course" that could have a compilation of fonts that you could get, just search the internet. You are probably not the first person that wanted a group of fonts in their collection :D

Probbably not a good idea to browse the net looking for stuff like this, because most of it has viruses attached to it. Just a warning, you can do it if you like.

As far as my understanding goes...
-download the .zip file
-unzip the file
-find your fonts folder (should be in the control panel)
-add font file to said folder
Then just open any program (word, works, etc.) and the font should be in their. I myself did this awhile back with a halo 3 style font.

Back
Top Bottom