firefox shortcuts

dude_se

Proper Legend
this is in relation to a samsung galaxy tab 2, but its to do with firefox so i thought id post in here.

basically my stepdad has one of the above tablets, and recently every time he creates a bookmark on his desktop it simply turns into "firefox" with the firefox logo after a while. the bookmark works as normal but obviously its very difficult remembering which is which if they all say the same thing.

hes not sure whats caused it as it apparently worked fine one minute and then didnt the next.

any ideas? i have suggested a browser change but i dont want to complicate matters just want to know if theres a way to fix it...

Not really sure about that, but maybe it's assigning the short cut to your default browser. if firefox is your default browser, then maybe change your other browser to default browser. i'm not sure how to go about this. Sorry, i wish i had the right answer for you.

Last edited:
Yah, i'm pretty sure they might be able to help you. I don't own a tablet so I couldn't tell you about them.

Thanx for the Fire link, I'll scope it out later.

Last edited:
Have you tried to restart the phone?
if so:
Go to the app menu in settings -> find firefox -> clear data, cache and default.
That might work. If not, remove the shortcuts and try creating them again after you have done the above.

Still not working:
Remove Firefox and install it again.

Still nothing:
Try a different launcher. (it's a user interface on top of android)
Go to Play store and find Nova Launcher. (you will not be able to use some Samsung widgets while using Nova (or any other launcher for that matter). You will have to download some alternatives. you can find plenty of better alternatives to any branded widgets)

Alternative to the above, Remove Firefox and download another browser. Like Dolphin or Chrome.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom