Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Software and Operating Systems
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 01-03-2010, 03:07 PM   #1
In Runtime

Default Firefox.exe has stopped working.

I keep getting an error message, sometimes it says internet explorer has stopped working and sometimes it says firefox or firefox.exe has stopped working. It says close program and I do and nothing ever happens. I can use both IE and firefox and the error just pops up every 5-30min and it doesn't affect anything. It is just annoying and I am wondering what I should do to fix it. I have reinstalled firefox and it didn't work. Anyone have this problem or know how to fix it? I am running a fresh install of Vista 32bit. My hardware is in signature.

[Case = Corsair 400R][CPU = Core i5 3.4Ghz to 4.6Ghz /w Noctua NH-U12P SE2 CPU Cooler][Mobo = Asus P8Z77-V LK][RAM = 16GB DDR3 Patriot Viper 3 1600Mhz RAM][Video Card = PNY GTX 670][SSD = 240GB Force GT][Samsung S27B350 27inch monitor][Running Windows 7 64Bit]
OTSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 04:35 PM   #2
Site Team

Default Re: Firefox.exe has stopped working.

I came across something similar to this once, and the upshot of it was the only thing I could really do was wipe the thing and reinstall windows. I came across a number of propsed bodges and solutions but none really worked - so personally I'd just cut to the chase, back up and reinstall.

berry120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 02:58 PM   #3
In Runtime

That sucks because it is a fresh install and I spent hours copying all my pictures and movies and music back. Anyone else know of anything that can help?
[Case = Corsair 400R][CPU = Core i5 3.4Ghz to 4.6Ghz /w Noctua NH-U12P SE2 CPU Cooler][Mobo = Asus P8Z77-V LK][RAM = 16GB DDR3 Patriot Viper 3 1600Mhz RAM][Video Card = PNY GTX 670][SSD = 240GB Force GT][Samsung S27B350 27inch monitor][Running Windows 7 64Bit]
OTSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 03:26 PM   #4
Fully Optimized

Only thing I can think of besides a reinstall is NIC drivers. Get the latest version and try installing it. I kind of doubt that it will work, though. But it's something non-destructive to try...