Firefox 4.0

~Darkseeker~

Fully Optimized
i like to do beta tests for things, especially things which i see as being very useful and innovative, like Firefox.

this is the third (maybe fourth?) Beta from Mozilla ive had, and eventhough they're betas they always feel like finished products. Id recommend having a whirl with 4.0 if you use 3.6 right now, its got a much classier feel.

Capture.jpg

Also mozilla Firefox 4 has also removed the downloads and private browsing options. However, you can still access both functions using their keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl, Shift, P for private browsing and Ctrl, J for downloads. If you don't like the new menu set up, you can get rid of the Firefox Button and switch back to traditional menus by clicking Firefox, Customize, and Menu Bar.

For people that have Ubuntu linux you will get an update today or tomarrow. This update will be listed as Firefox-4.0 however it isn't the full release as far as I can tell. When you go and look at the version you find that it is really Namoroka/3.6.14pre. and shows as Firefox 4.0 Namoroka. So I think that this is a good sign.

For installing firefox 4 please follow below steps

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-mozilla-daily/ppa && sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install firefox-4.0

Else use synaptic package manager

Back
Top Bottom