Im trying to follow the enabling L2 Cashe but im not sure what its saying on this thread.
I do have a dual core processor i have amd athlon(tm) 64 x2 dual core porcessor 4600+ 2.40 ghz
how do i find out how much L2 chach so i can do what the following says????
5. Enabling L2 Cache
1. Go to your start menu and go to Search bar and type REGEDIT
2. Select and open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
3. Select and open SYSTEM
4. Select and open CurrentControlSet
5. Select and open Control
6. Select and open Session Manager
7. Select and open Memory Management
8. Select SecondLevelDataCache and right click it and click Modify
9. The normal the decimal is 0, change that decimal to your current L2 cache
Now, vista should run faster for some users. Some it wont.
- If your cpu is dual core.. add both of them together, Say I had 512KB L2 + 512KB L2 well add them together and that would be 1024
any help at this point would be great. thanks