Files My MAC I never downloaded

DEvonKingsman

Beta member
I am still in highschool and we have macbook airs i recently opened my computer and found 15 unknown files all start with the word "bless." I dont know why or how they are here. They are all locked and require a administrator password. I looked up a few of the names online but all im getting is some christian song site. A way to bypass the password or an answer to what these files really are would be much appreciated. Thankyou
The folder names are:
" bless.zYAe & bless.NNxB & bless.6ol4 & bless.7VAY & bless.8FeL & bless.OMeP & bless.1a1q & bless.SmT7 & bless.cnJB & bless.OwM6 & bless.E1Xo & bless.pdyv & bless.sCQ7 & bless.bmXN & bless.Tz73"

If you are in high school, and the Macbooks are school property and they are locked with an Admin password, then I advise you to leave them alone.

Someone may have info about what they are, but we do not allow discussions on removing admin passwords.

What directory are these in? Can you get file sizes, date modified, anything? If it's a school-owned computer, just ask someone to key in the administrator password for you.

This is a complete shot in the dark, but they could maybe be Mp3 files. iTunes tends to rename your music into a random four digit code like that (not sure if it includes numbers), and if they were downloaded from some sharing site, the uploader tends to sign their "name" with a . or _ separating it from the file name. I'm probably wrong about that, but it's the only thing that comes to mind. I don't use Mac OS, so for all I know they could be part of the operating system.

I only have 4 songs on my computer so it is unlikely they are mp3

---------- Post added at 08:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 AM ----------

any idea on what they could be?

---------- Post added at 08:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 AM ----------

looks like the files to storage have bin locked

If that laptop belongs to the school then your best set is to hand it in and let the school IT look in to what they are. For all you know it could be a virus or you have been hacked.

Yes as everyone here has said that because the computer is owned by the school and the files belong to them and locked with a password therefore we cannot help you here as its against the rules as we cannot provide help with hacking and breaking passwords.

Back
Top Bottom