From the top once more:
1. I scanned a lot of documents using standard twain software, all files were then put onto my harddisk.
2. Viewing these files was no problem using any conventional Image software, ie. paint, picasa, ect
3. A few months go by, like most people I add programes, delete programes, run reg cleaning maintenance ect
4. One morning I browse to open some of these files and I see they have all been converted to another unfamiliar format....of course I click on a file but nothing happens apart from a message stating that the file ( and thus all these image files ) are not compatible with MSoft paint...software, but the message also says that paint is the programe which should open these files and yet when I right click on one of the files and browse to 'open with' and select MS paint still no joy...?
5. Now, although I am stumped somewhat on this issue I suspect that during loading or deleting new programes that a conflict has occurred causing all these image files to how can I put it freeze?
6. What can be done here, as you will appreciate I want to save the files or I would just delete them, but having checked my backup, I now see that when this particular folder of image files loads, the same action is performed, its almost as if the files are being converted as soon as my computer recognises them?
7. I can only ask the gurus of this forum what their thoughts are without 'if I may', using heavy technical jargon, I am only new to computing although I will try out any suggested fixes and tweaks.
8. I have been browsing this forum for other threads which may mirror my predicament but to date nothing has been found to undo the issue at hand.
9. I have seen several mentions of a programe known as DAEMON, can someone explain simply what this invention is and if it may lead me to new light?
10. Lastly Dude I see you suggest I may have a confilct with another picture editor, this could very well be the case, I recall now that in recent times the issue of file conversion arose in my mind and I installed picasa, although when I cut and paste one of the above image files into the picasa software again there is no result, but you are right I have recently downloaded and since deleted three picture editors that were not to my satisfaction, in the event and looking ahead what advice have you on this possible conflict for a remedy?
All the best dude1234 for now,