Favorite OS?

mikk0090 said:
Mac is expensive, and i have had 3 new mac computers, that run faster, and more efficiently than any windows computer i have ever used.
I don't agree Windows Pcs Even out run G5s if you have the right set up . Also if you think about it why is windows so popular if it is un stable and slower than MACs.

I don't agree Windows Pcs Even out run G5s if you have the right set up . Also if you think about it why is windows so popular if it is un stable and slower than MACs.

Very good point! Try and get past that one! Windows PCs have been seen to outrun and go in circles around a Mac - even the bumped up and doubled up G5!

At least Linux is free. Unlike Windows which makes u pay couple hundred of bucks for a piece of half-baked crap.

iamroot said:
At least Linux is free. Unlike Windows which makes u pay couple hundred of bucks for a piece of half-baked crap.

I'll overlook the insult. But still, why get cold pasta for free when you can pay £80 for a 10 Course Meal with Drinks?

I have already said on another thread which is going down this road - for the average user Linux is more expensive not only in effort and time but in money too to get.

Please pardon my insult . i'm just pissed cos i paid 200++bucks for win xp home and ive got a helluva problems with it. Then i switched to linux and my computing experience has improved drastically.

iamroot said:
Please pardon my insult . i'm just pissed cos i paid 200++bucks for win xp home and ive got a helluva problems with it. Then i switched to linux and my computing experience has improved drastically.

What did you pay more than $200 for! Thats insane! Its only like £80-£100 here. What were you upgrading from?

Kalthorn I think its about time you stopped insulting Linux. I've read some of your posts on this thread and they really tick me off. Linux was created by (can't remember his first name) Linas. He did it because he didn't think that it should be as expensive as microsoft was. Why can't you accept the fact that its free and better than windows. Have you even tried it. I'm not going to insult windows because I used it for a long time and just switched to Linux and Linux is better in my opinion. Also I use Linux because I don't believe microsoft should have the monopoly that they have as of now. It really ticks me off.

johnsonb125 said:
Kalthorn I think its about time you stopped insulting Linux. I've read some of your posts on this thread and they really tick me off. Linux was created by (can't remember his first name) Linas. He did it because he didn't think that it should be as expensive as microsoft was. Why can't you accept the fact that its free and better than windows. Have you even tried it. I'm not going to insult windows because I used it for a long time and just switched to Linux and Linux is better in my opinion. Also I use Linux because I don't believe microsoft should have the monopoly that they have as of now. It really ticks me off.

I have not been insulting Linux. I have been pointing out my own personal opinion - mainly on here about the Open-Source part although originally yes; I did go drastically against Linux. If you have read through this then you wil realise that there is far more Anti-Windows on here than Anti-Linux. Certainly many more Windows Insults - and serious ones - not just the silly things I come up with.

I'm sure he was a brilliant person and thought he was doing a great job. Linux is good - I'm not saying it isn't. What I'm saying is that the Microsoft Monopoly is based on the safety that Windows offers which Linux cannot ever while still being Linux. I will accept that its free; but I will never accept that it is better than Windows as you said; not generally like that.

Going to Linux just because Windows has the Monopoly is defined as Spite. I'd hope you had other reasons. The Windows 'Monopoly' as you call it (although it should be; it technically isn't) was grown through many years of brilliant injinuity, excelent GUI, fabulous Programming by all and damn good business strategy. Linux had yet to show 1% of the effort, balls, and great strategy that Windows and Microsoft in general has shown to get to where it is. You forget; Windows was built many years before the latest fad where everybody knows about Computers. Microsoft was built when people knew practically nothing about Computers.

Is it me who ticks you off; or the non-existant 'Monopoly' of Windows? I don't even know why you think it is a Monopoly - and even if it was; what's wrong with that?

Back
Top Bottom