fatal system error

Glen

Baseband Member
fatal system error windows xp

when i boot up my pc and its ready to show my desktop but dosent a blue screen appears with a error message "fatal system error windows logon terminated unexpectadly: also a series of numbers a quick search on the microsoft website came across this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/156669/en-us

now i cant log into windows at all

now it seems i can fix the problem aonly thing is it says at a command promt type etc etc...............

but when my error message appears theres nowere to type also iv tried starting the pc in safe mode last know config etc etc iv tried all of the f8 options with no joy this seems a big problem

also iv tried running the xp cd to system recovery but the pc wont read the disc

thanks in advance........

if you cant access your pc (explorer) then the only choice left is to re install xp. the pc should detect the cd if its an original one. set the boot sequence in the bios to boot from cd first.

Yeah, i would use a linux recover disk (Knoppix or something) to back everything up, and then just reinstall windows. It sounds like a vital system file got corrupted.

Back
Top Bottom