Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Software and Operating Systems
Join Computer forums Today

Old 02-02-2013, 08:03 PM   #1
Beta Member
Default Failed bios, problems

So it started when I installed windows 8 and on my computer(4 years old perhaps) and used W7 drivers on it. Im pretty sure I didn't try to update bios there. But some problems came and I changed back to W7 and decided to get the automatic update tool from Intel,

So that tool says my Bios is out dated and I press update, and then some crashing began to occur but i suspected a faulty install of W7 so I did about 100 fresh installs of W7 with different installs( no joke, perhaps more) and tried updating bios from time to time when i could and other software drivers. Until I had tried everything and the result was I wasnt good enough to update my bios(to dumb) I did it all in Windows. The update tool did not work as well, because it made me believe I could do it while running windows.

Then I decided to to do a proper BIOS Flash according to the intel website and grabbed a usb and so on. And I'm sure I did it successfully because there is an added feature in my BIOS.

I failed updating bios, then i did it successfully but my system is crashing all the time, it freezes, it blurs, BSOD. The whole package, and now I am wondering if I have to buy a new motherboard or if I should just retry with BIOS updates and see if that works this time.

BSOD: Ive seen more than 10 errors so I doubt that will help you guys.

I attached DxDiag.
Attached Files
File Type: txt DxDiag.txt (23.6 KB, 2 views)
jullig is offline   Reply With Quote