Extram RAM

BioHazard1

Baseband Member
I just learned that you can use Flash drives as extra ram when plugged into the computer (so of course i plugged all of my flash drives into a multi-port thing and use all three of them as boost my PC), but I was wondering if it is possible to do the same thing with a CD/DVD. Anyone know if i can or not?

No, Optical drives are not fast enough to use. Typically windows won't even ask if you want to use an item for readyboost if it's not fast enough.

If you need this much more memory, why not just add more RAM? The difference between real RAM and what little boost you'll see from the flash drives can be pretty big.

If you need this much more memory, why not just add more RAM? The difference between real RAM and what little boost you'll see from the flash drives can be pretty big.[/QUOTE]
Partly Because i dont know how, also because it probably cost money, of which i dont have ATM

What are the specs of your computer right now? Upgrading RAM is one of the most cost effective ways to speed up your computer.

Back
Top Bottom