ethernet adapter not working on laptop after windows 7 upgrade

mikee

Fully Optimized
I just installed windows 7 for someone on their laptop and now the ethernet adapter won't recognize that there is anything plugged in and in device manager it says device cannot start code 10

The laptop model is HP pavillion DV 6636nr. I am stumped as to what to do. And there are other things showing errors in device manager too (coprocessor)
Windows update has all updates and still not working

On its an nvidia nforce networking controller
Need help fast she wants her laptop back fixed real soon.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

so you are saying you have just updated it?
so you have internet? then what is the problem. she hardly knows anything about computers anyway.

you have tryed to download the drivers manual right?

sometimes windows 7 dont find all drivers.
if you are on the internet it might be the case that it is useing the wrong driver. i have once tryed that a wireless net card used a driver from a simulare card.
it could go on internet, but you had to press reparere on the connection first every time you turn it on. the correct driver fixed that problem AND the yallow warning sign was gone.

A Friend of mine had basicly the same issue, it worked after he reinstalled Windows (if that is an option)

But i would (as EchoNatek allready said, try to find the correct driver and install it).

I have wifi in my room but she need ethernet I'm going to look for the right driver but I checked hp and they only xp drivers

Ok I got the ethernet to work but the internet icon always has an exclamation mark and claims there is no internet I am doing the diagnose network problems thing but it never finishes I have to stop it after a while. This is really starting to P*** me off

yeah that is a problem. but if HP dont make the drivers for windows 7, then i realy dont know what to do.
i think your friend should be happy that you just gave her windows 7 and she needs to live with it. if i know unknowledge girls right then they dont care about a little yellow triangle.

WEll there is the little yellow triangle and the absence of internet through the ethernet port

Try going here and then downloading the Chipset drivers. It's set to Vista 64 bit so you may need to change to regular vista.

I downloaded a driver for the nforce chipsets in the computer which does video and network adapters and other stuff but no luck there either

Back
Top Bottom