Error message when starting an MS-DOS or 16 bit Windows program

ibanez7

Solid State Member
hI
i'VE BEEN GETTING THIS ERROR C:\WINDOWS|SYSTEM32|AUTOEXEC.NT file not suitable for running MS-DOS and MICROSOFT WINDOWS applications.Choose close to terminate. I understand i had missing files Config.nt and Autoexec.nt and Command.com. On the resolution document i found it says to create the files and paste in %SYSTEMROOT%\System32.I've created the first 2 but don't know how to create the Command.com . It says to expand that file from the Windows CD but i'm not sure how to do that.I pasted the first 2 files that i created in Windows system32.(is this right ? I couldn't find %SYSTEMROOT%) I then retry Command.com in RUN and the command prompt window opens but with the same error. Now i figure i'm still missing the Command.com file. Can anybody please help me i'm now totally lost. Thanks for any and all help

Hey everyone i fixed my problem
Here's what i did. I called a friend who has windows xp pro . My version is xp home edition ( so it doesn't make a difference it'll work) I got him to find the 3 files Autoexec.nt and Config.nt and Command files ; copy and send them to me by email. I saved them to my desktop ( then proceeded to back up my own files to a disk in case ) deleted my 3 files and then copied and pasted the 3 files sent to me in windows\system32 then did a restart and BINGO it works. All is well and working fine. :D
So for anybody who gets this problem there's another fix for it.

ibanez7 ...Thanx for posting how you fixxed it....So other's that might have the same prob.

Can sesolve their's by this thread... 8)

Back
Top Bottom