error loading operating system

drumerdudeman

In Runtime
i left my computer running in the other room and came back like an hour later and there was a blue screen with some messages with dumping physical memory listed at the bottom and i guess it had dumped the memory

i thought i had seen that screen before but didnt know really anything

it said to restart my computer so since there was no restart option, i turned it off and back on

when it got to the boot screen, there was an error message that read

error loading operating system

i tried repairing by putting the xp discs in and loading off of them put it didnt load from them even when i put the disc drive first in the boot order and told it directly to boot from the drive.

i think it could have been the hard drive timing out after it was idle but when i go into setup it wont let me change it.

someone said to try reformatting but i dont really know what this is or how to do it but i dont want to lose any of my files if i can help it

please help me get my computer back up and running

This will probably only get fixed by a clean install of windows. This means your reformat the drive, losing all your data, then install Windows. Boot from your XP cd and follow the instructions.

Or do Asystem restore ....Which does basically the same thing by booting up w/the CD that has the Driver's on it.

By doing this, you are eliminating the process of registering the OS from microsoft.

i would try this but when i put in the disc and tell it to boot from it nothing comes up

how might i fix this problem or find another solution so that i can get this fixed

i put in my old win. 2000 disk to see if it was my disc drive that had something wrong with it and up came the windows 2000 setup menu

should i just install 2000

will i be able to install 2000 without losing my files (if they are there right now) because right now since my xp disk isnt working im willing to have an older operating system so that i can use my computer.

will this bring any problems from downgrading OS's

Well before you do the last resort & start over you could try a program called : SYSTEM MECHANIC

This is a very affective program that I use.... I can even run it from a disk.

It is very good for cleaning up junk off your hhd, Good for Cleaning & repairing the registry & for defragging the hhd.

It also has a startup guard that protects the bootup process.

Back
Top Bottom