Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Software and Operating Systems
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 06-09-2004, 02:17 PM   #11
Baseband Member

lol im not too keen on passwords, keep forgeting lol. ill prob still stick to the explorer.exe lol.

shockingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 02:22 PM   #12
Guru

Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn

Yeah - best to stick with what you're used to.

Old 06-09-2004, 02:25 PM   #13
Baseband Member

yea i think i will, i just realised, through all of these posts i never got the answer i wanted lol i only wanted a yes or no to my first post lol. ohwell cant always get what we want lol.
Old 06-09-2004, 05:30 PM   #14
Guru

Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn

Lol; well at least you worked out what you want to do. I did say its 'probably ok' at the beginning.
Old 06-10-2004, 01:34 AM   #15
The Candyman

Talking

You Can Just Unplug The Keyboard, Then She Won't Be Able To Do Anthing....lol

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let The Music Move Ya.....
There Can Only B 1 Winner In Every Game .....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~mr mixx~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 01:22 PM   #16
Baseband Member

well i have wireless keyboard and mouse, so ill have to take out the batteries, and then tht will need me to put bak in the bstteries n thn connect it by pressing a button lol 2 annoyin lol. but thxs 4 all ur hlp
Old 06-11-2004, 01:11 AM   #17
BSOD

Send a message via ICQ to bluto
Default Re: is ending explorer.exe advisable

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockingu
I cant be bothered buying software for like 30 just to hide all my icons and windows, so i just do ctrl + alt + delete and in the process tab i end process to explorer.exe, but for the windpws to disappear you need them all minimised.
I find this really use full and easy to undo, you just click file and go to New Task(...Run) and in the little popup box, type either explorer or explorer.exe i want to know if this is safe, it hasnt failed me before, but is it good for my os (that is windows xp).
i wouldnt advise it to people as i only experiment on my computer, the poor thing has had thousands of windows opened in seconds and me crashing it several times lol, IM CURIOUS, SO KILL ME!!! lol.

an overall is, is it okay for me to end process to explorer.exe and then starting it up again.
Heres my reply to first post,
Sorry! That user has specified that they do not wish to receive emails through this board. If you still wish to send an email to this user,
So you decide as my mailbox is never closed.
bluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 02:38 AM   #18
Baseband Member

not too sure what your on about ther lol, whats your first post gotta do with me ending process to explorer.exe
Old 06-11-2004, 11:17 PM   #19
BSOD

Send a message via ICQ to bluto
Default Re: is ending explorer.exe advisable

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockingu
I cant be bothered buying software for like 30 just to hide all my icons and windows, so i just do ctrl + alt + delete and in the process tab i end process to explorer.exe, but for the windpws to disappear you need them all minimised.
I find this really use full and easy to undo, you just click file and go to New Task(...Run) and in the little popup box, type either explorer or explorer.exe i want to know if this is safe, it hasnt failed me before, but is it good for my os (that is windows xp).
i wouldnt advise it to people as i only experiment on my computer, the poor thing has had thousands of windows opened in seconds and me crashing it several times lol, IM CURIOUS, SO KILL ME!!! lol.

an overall is, is it okay for me to end process to explorer.exe and then starting it up again.
NO !
But what the hell are you trying to do ? You and "Crash XP"need to get together.I've done what you can't for 10 years.
So my email is available.If your really serious.
The answer again is NO because that should just shut down your computer,not customize it.
bluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 05:14 AM   #20
Baseband Member

it works fine for me, doesnt shut down msn atall. i think my comps diff 2 other ppls lol