Electronic address book

Pepe_Love

Baseband Member
Hey can someone please help, what are the ways employees can electronic access the organization address book...?

How each employee can access the address book electronically... We Wana move in to digital way from papers, don't want printouts of the telephone list..

Currently we update it on the exchange, then email it to the users in doc format and some have to print it out, once we get a new employee we update then send out again. Don't have any software in mind yet project was given to me to come up with an idea.

So, right now you have a big Word document with everyone's name and phone number? What information exactly (or rather, fields) are you keeping in the address book?

Well, I mean, I don't think it gets any better than Excel.

What kind of devices are the users going to be utilizing to access the information and what is this address book used for most of the time? Is it usually accessed within a LAN, or do users need to be able to access it from home as well? How well do you need to protect the information?

As I said, Excel is an excellent choice for storing information that requires many fields. If you want to ease the sharing process, you could create a share folder in Google Drive (or OneDrive, seeing how you are already using Excel), use Sheets (or Excel in OneDrive) to store the information and give your employees read permissions. You would only need to add new employees to the list of users with read permissions, instead of emailing the information to everyone every time there is a little change.

Great but the information must be secure, can only flow between the organization. And access is need from anywhere home or be it out of region

your organisation uses exchange.

Does your organisation run its own active directory.

in active directory you can store all that information, and it is available in the global address list, (you can see this contact information when you choose who to send a message to.)

this information is held on the domain controllers and exchange server, and will be available to anyone logged in where they can send email.

people in your organisation need the details filled in on their active directory user account.
people outside your organisation need to have an object in the active directory, my suggestion is that you create a new OU for contacts and fill this with the "contact" objects (which can contain these contact details, but are not logon accounts.

Back
Top Bottom