dual boot with windows xp and suse linux 9.0

lord

Baseband Member
I am new at using linux and i was just wondering if anyone knows how to a dual boot using linux suse and win xp any help is app. thanks

Just install win xp first and then install suse with grub as the boot loader. Grub will automatically detect win xp and u can select the os u want to use from the grub menu when u boot up.

iamroot i still have to use the linux live cd in order to boot into linux i where to get a hold of grub but what do i configure, in order to choose which os to use

there is a configureation file...

I cant remeber exactly where it is so it might be best to start term and type [locate grub]

Anyone else thinking of duel booting, it's imperitive that you install the windows OS first becayse Linux recognises the windows installation and adds it to it's boot loader list so tht you can chose what to boot into.

Windows however sees the EX2 partitions and marks it as unrecognised, then overwrites the linux boot loader.

partition the hd into 3: 1st partition, around 5-10mb for the selection of which os you want make this a bootable partition, the rest equally distribute for the windows os and the linux os.

Yeah; format what you have now and create two of more partitions, then install Windows on one and Linux on the other after WIndows has been installed.

you might want to create a fourth data partition, make it a few gigs and format it as FAT32 that way both windows and linux can read from it.

Windows will not be able to read the linux format, and Linux will not be able to use a NTFS partition.

Back
Top Bottom