Dual boot with win xp and suse

corbinc1

Solid State Member
I have been searching for good informaion on dual Booting suse and Xp and have came up with not much.

I am new to linux is there any site you know or could you step me through this dual booting process. I already have win xp on my computer and do not have a partition for linux. I need to make one i know but do i format in fat32? And what is a loader is it like deamon tools that will load the iso image. do i need to make the dvd bootable and if so can i use nero.

I am currently downloadin suse and its taking for ever so if you know any faster sites it would be much appreciated.

thanks

ok, make a partition, but dont format it, suse uses its own format, so all u gotta do is partition, and then boot up with the SuSe cd in, and it should say sumthin bout dual booting

A loader loads your operating system. If your putting suse on after a windows install, it will put grub as your boot loader, which will give you the option of booting in linux or windows.

When you install suse on a partition, it will create its own partitions and format them for you. Its excellent if you are starting out.

Back
Top Bottom