Drivers weren't detected on SuSe Linux

Digital Being

Solid State Member
Yesterday I downloaded the new version of SuSe Linux on a CD and then rebooted to partition it with windows but it said that I had to pick the biggest partition which I think got rid of windows. So anyway I start using suse and It doesn't read my drivers including my wireless adapter so I ended up reinstalling windows back on my system. Would anyone happen to know what the problem is? I loved the OS but it just wasn't very usable without the internet.

What do you mean by "It doesn't read my drivers"? What hardware does Suse not recognize? There shouldn't be a problem with hardware recognition with Suse. The wireless problem is to be expected though. GNU/Linux and wireless are not best of friends, but there are ways to get it working though.

Great, Would you happen to have any suggestions on how to get the internet working?

On my laptop there is a wireless button that light up when im connected, It lights up normally when im on windows xp but when I use suse linux the button doesn't even work. The model is an HP Pavillion dv 1000.

Back
Top Bottom