Drivers and updates

Shane198three

Baseband Member
Is there a free tool to update drivers, etc that is free to use?

Yesterday, I came across a few that were all pay to use, they do a free scan of course, but once they draw you in, they want you to pay for the service.

I subscribe to the rule "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". If your devices are working fine, don't worry so much about updating drivers.

I can understand your philosophy, but mine is slightly different. "If it's not broke, fix it til it is"

I am planning on doing a reformat here really soon. That or get a new HDD so I want to make sure when I do so, I am going to update all of my drivers as well. Drivers don't always need to be replaced, but my current drivers, or most of them have not been updated since my initial install 2 years ago. Drivers can cure any stability issues that there may be, and I might not notice anything wrong now, but I could notice a difference once they are renewed.

The best (free) way to update any drivers is to go to the manufacturers web site and check for latest drivers that apply yourself ... its not rocket science :)

you got 3 good reply's there.
Device manager is great to get an overview of what drivers you have and easily see if you are missing some drivers.
Best way to update them (as "revy the wildcat" said) is to go to the manufacture homepage and download them.

i am more like ohsnapword. i don't bother with drivers. except my GPU driver because it is optimizing the GPU for new games.
all impotent drivers are updating via windows update manager automatically anyway. (if you are running windows 7 that is)

Back
Top Bottom