Driver for Canon iP90V with Win 7 32 bit

oldun

Baseband Member
I have 3 computers, one laptop runs Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit and the other laptop and netbook run Win 7 Home Premium 32 bit.

I have had the two laptops for some time and I occassionally ise them away from home with a Canon Pixma iP90V printer - without any trouble whatsoever. I cannot remember having any difficulty getting the printer drivers to install.

For occassional use away from home I bought a second hand Acer One 533 and I have so far been unsuccessful with the installation of a driver. The only one I can find is the 6y4 bit driver and this is rejected as it is not 32 bit compatible.

I have naturally trawled through the European Canon Website without success so my question is simply this - where can I get a Windows 7 32 bit driver for my Canon Pixma iP90V printer?

Can it be "extracted" from my 32 bit laptop?

Last edited:
After a quick search, it seems the driver package is the same for both windows 7 32 and 64-bit. I can't download the file myself right now, but is there maybe more than one driver in the download, and it keeps trying to pull the 64-bit?

aomwin110ea23us.exe

Everywhere I look, it is listed as both the 32 and 64-bit driver, perhaps there is an option when running the exe to select either/or.

This note is appended to the file you mention.

This software is a module that expands the functionality of the printer driver for Canon Inkjet printers. Your printer must be installed via Microsoft Update before you download and use this module. By installing this software, you can use the printer...

I do not see how one can use Microsoft update to install a printer.

I finally got the printer driver for the iP90V loaded and the printer working on my laptop running 32 bit Windows 7 Home Premium using the following file:

iP90Series_Win32.exe

This file is only 32 bit as it will not run on my 64 bit laptop.

I googled for the ip90v driver and found several sites that wanteed you to register/pay so I rejected these. Eventually I found one that allowed me to simply download the driver. Unfortunately I did not take any notice of the name of the website.

Back
Top Bottom