down grading to windows XP

d_romprey

Baseband Member
Hi guys, I just picked up a Sony Viao laptop with windows vista installed. I don't like it!!! I don't have any machines with Vista and I never will. This has to be the most assinine system they could have made. I know that 7 is a lot better but I don't think I want to upgrade I think I should format and start from scratch. I have a couple of new copies of xp that I think I want to use, unless someone out there seriously recommends that I don't. I haven't done a formatting in a very long time though, where should I start? I am going to save some files on an external harddrive first so is there any system files I should save? Also what is the procedure to format a hard drive these days. any suggestions or sites I should visit first please let me know....THANKS

if you boot from disk, setup will have all the formatting and partitioning info as you go.

Boot from the WinXP installation disk, setup will allow you to format and partition you hard disk. (As detox said)

so do you guys think I am crazy for downgrading or is it an ok idea?
I Think It is a great idea i only use my windows vista machine for gaming (i.e Call Of Duty, Dirt 2) My Main Machine is running windows XP Media Center edition

Thanks for verifying my thoughts about windows. It's just crazy the resourcess needed just to run the Vista program. I am sure that things will be much faster with XP. Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom